It still feels surreal to know that 7 years of love and 2 years of marriage have passed and I can write pages on how amazing and dreamy it is to be in love head over heels each and every day of my life with my part-time lover and full-time friend 😉 (Yes, a huge fan of that song <3) But today, I thought I will share a few lessons I learnt from this man for whom my love and respect only keeps on increasing as time goes on..
- This very forgiving and patient man in my home have always keeps telling that we should be ourselves and just because people are not nice does not mean that we should stoop down to their level. Now, I will be truthful and admit that I tried to resist him for a good 3-4 years, esp in our initial years of dating and sometimes later also. I mean why should you tolerate other’s rudeness and hurtful nature and how in the world can you ignore it and be “nice” to them!! But after seeing him for all these years treating everyone with kindness and always being patient and smiling to even those who are not so sincere to him has made me change my way of thinking. I have understood that holding a grudge is more of a pain for ourselves and while it might take away our peace of mind we don actually gain anything out of it. While I admit that my inner diva still lets out some steam when she can, she is more and more swaying towards the “forgiving and compassionate version of herself”. 😀 I am really thankful that I am with someone who is a living example of the proverb “Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice but because you are nice.”
- He is the one who taught me that it is those romantic ideas which are able to feed our love daily, without even being noticed that keeps the glow going in our relationships. Now I was just like any other girl equaling romance to flowers, cards and stuff like that but he made me realize that romance is not about only buying, rather its more about giving. And that inspired a complete post in my blog. http://holidaysandhappilyeverafters.com/top-10-romantic-gestures-we-overlook-in-our-daily-life/
- Keeping the house spick and span! I guess I should thank his parents for this one actually 😉 I never have to worry about dropped wet towels on floor or bug him to arrange his table or clothes. Everything is kept prim and proper and he inspires me also to keep my wardrobes and stuff organized. (which I am still working on since “Nooo, Don’t Throw It Away” seems to be one of my major life mottos 😛 )
- Many people fear that a relationship means you are settling “down”. That, there would be a lot of restrictions and you might have to give up your dreams and change yourself. And yes, though I knew him as a friend for long before going out with him, I feared it too. But this person here, he challenges me and drives me towards my dreams even at times, I don feel so upbeat. Every time my friends tell me that I have not changed a bit from my school days or college days, I can only thank God to bestow me with this guy who enjoys my craziness and is that someone spontaneous whom I can end up having a fit of giggles and can be unapologetically myself in this crazy world and share my dreams, both senseless and serious ones without being judged. He is the one who taught me that the relationship with the right person is a release, not a restriction.
- I could go on and on but think I will stop now with this one. Last one but not at all the least one. I was a person who never used to workout and even for half a km walk used to huff and puff and behave as if am running a marathon! And these days(for the past few months) I cannot believe that I am getting up around 8am in the morning and working out and damn it, I am actually loving it! I still cannot get up at 6am and go to the gym like he does, but its because of his constant encouragement (bugging? 😉 ), I ended up doing atleast this and am still able to squeeze myself into all my fav dresses 😀
This photo was part of our post-wedding photography, where we were actually supposed to gaze into each other’s eyes “romantically”. Well, you can see what happened actually 😛 We goofed up and were giggling driving the photographers crazy 😀 Finally they did get some “romantic” pics but this is one of our favorites among the lot 🙂
P.S.- Oh and by the way, Happy Anniversary to us <3 🙂 Incidentally it was my birthday too on the 25th and we had a blast at the Niagara Falls and also completed our Bday-Anniversary weekend by floating over the meadows of New Jersey in a hot-air balloon today 🙂 The weekend had the most perfect-dreamy finish to it when the hubster once again swept me off the feet by planning a hot-air balloon adventure for just the two of us. I went speechless for a couple of minutes when he divulged to me this and was literally and figuratively on “cloud 9” sometime later !! 😉 I will surely blog about them in detail on a later day 🙂
Much Love, ❤️